My friend Jim sent me a link to an article about this designer that I thought was worth sharing:
In the article the artist listed tips for design that I thought was especially noteworthy:
1. Instead of just producing work as quickly and efficiently as possible, strive for excellence in every opportunity.
2. Put the hard work in and actually give a shit. That goes a long way.
3. Start simple and work toward adding complexity and details.
4. Value negative space just as you do positive space.
5. Refine, refine, refine.
6. Take a break, then come back to the work and critique it. Often, you’ll see things to improve that were right there in front of you.